The Advanced Program in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (AP-ECE) and the Advanced Program in Embedded Systems (AP-ES) of The University of Danang – University of Science and Technology (UD-DUT) are pilot training projects initiated and funded by the Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam (MOET) aiming at world-class engineering education in select universities in Vietnam.
- Under the Decision No.39/QĐ-ĐHBK-KT&ĐBCLGD dated on 30 January, 2015 by the Rector of DUT, the Self-Assessment Council of AP-ECE was established to conduct AUN-QA self-assessment of the AP-ECE training program based on the Self-Assessment Plan No.03/QĐ-ĐHBK-KT&ĐBCLGD dated on 10 February, 2015 by the Rector of DUT.
- Under the Decision No.37/QĐ-ĐHBK-KT&ĐBCLGD dated on 30 January, 2015 by the Rector of DUT, the Self-Assessment Council of AP-ES was established to conduct AUN-QA self-assessment of the AP-ES training program based on the Self-Assessment Plan No.04/QĐ-ĐHBK-KT&ĐBCLGD dated on 10 February, 2015 by the Rector of DUT.
The Vice-Director of the Department of Educational Testing and Quality Assurance, DUT is appointed to lead and supervise the implementation plan at AP-ECE and AP-ES. The Task Teams consist of the Program Chair, Division Heads and some experienced lecturers, who were trained about AUN criteria in Thailand as well as through workshops conducted by UD. Each team member is delegated to write one or two criteria of the Self-Assessment Report (SAR) while the Supporting Teams are responsible for collecting relevant evidences for each criterion. The Teams schedule 4-hour-seminar every week for discussion, individual working as well as group working to find solutions to the arising issues. The information and evidences for SAR were collected from the stored documents of AP-ECE/AP-ES, CoE, FETE/FEE and Administration Departments of DUT. The working teams have collected facts and evidences, written from the first draft of SAR to the final draft for possible internal reviewers. After receiving feedbacks from stakeholders, the SAR has been revised and modified to have the final version submitting to AUN for official quality assessment site visit.
This SAR of each Advanced Program is organized as follows.
- Part I briefly introduces organization and quailty assurance system of The University of Danang – University of Science and Technology, the Center of Excellence and:
- Faculty of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, the Advanced Program in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (for SAR of the AP-ECE).
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, the Advanced Program in Embedded Systems (for SAR of the AP-ES).
- Part II presents in details 15 criteria of the self-assessment report according to AUN-QA format.
- Part III analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of the AP-ECE/ AP-ES training program and presents the checklist on the quality of the program.
- Part IV gives the list of evidences for the criteria. For the sake of easy references, some evidences are duplicated in several criteria.